Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidized cholesterol

Hi
    I know you guys don't really like this doctor but he sites studies and results.....my dad died at 79 dementia related.... So here I am AGAIN questioning food choices. Thoughts? https://youtu.be/Y15yI5LLlNY

Have the same question: my father had dementia and my father in law had Alzheimer's...in fact, tried MCT oil after hearing the success via the MD who used it with her husband and no benefits.

Comment

I know a lot of people that think MCT oil is the key to going keto. They can’t understand why they are not keto, as they eat their pasta, hamburger buns and sandwiches, and other carbs. I’m not saying you did that. I’m saying that dropping carbs is more important. It’s not communicated.

Comment

Yes, I've dropped the carbs big time....but had to replace them with something so I added eggs and a bit of fish and cheese maybe once a week. AND these are the things he warns against. He's into whole grains I know that...but didn't mention those in this video.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I hope you start seeing the results you need.

Comment

How much resistance training, HIIT, and mental training are you doing?

Comment

Thanks, Robin, for the link to Greger's vid on oxidized cholesterol. I think most of us would agree that OxLDL in the blood is a risk, and more than non-oxidized LDL. Again, he made two logical conclusions: 1. it causes dementia; and 2. it comes from the diet. Yes, they are logical. Many of us, myself included, have believed it for decades. However, the evidence is not supporting it.

Comment

Today I watched a video from a doc that showed (via a study) that low insulin and glucose cause dementia more than those living with higher levels. The study was legit - which confuses me now.

Comment

Robin,

Yeah, there seems to be no lack of confusing information out there on the Internet. I used to be shocked from what I saw on the Internet coming from some docs, but I have gotten numb to it now. The only recommendation that I can make is to source your information from doctors/researchers with a more favorable history on the treatment/research side and not focus on the "hand-wavers/attention-seekers" as I call them. I have found good info on the Internet from several ex-ER docs who lived this stuff. Legit opinions different from current dogma may be initially discounted in some cases, but over time it gets worked out (sadly sometimes it does take a long time).

Comment

I'd love to see the study you're referencing re: low-glucose, low-insulin being a risk for dementia. If you can find it, please post a link.

Comment

Working...
                    X