Announcement

Collapse

Are you really healthy?

We have an upcoming conference on November 8-9, 2019 in Louisville KY. You can register either as a Conference and CIMT participant or Conference and Assessment participant depending on whether you need a re-evaluation. For more information and/or to register online: https://go.prevmedheartrisk.com/squeeze-page

PrevMed is also offering courses online. Our first course is on Cardiovascular Inflammation and we have an upcoming course on Insulin Resistance. The course(s) can be found here: https://prevmedheartrisk.com/courses...e-crd-nfl-crs1

We have also changed some of our services and price offerings which can be found on our website here: https://prevmedheartrisk.com/services-and-pricing
See more
See less

A Few Kind Suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Kind Suggestions...

I know Dr. Brewer has said that he wants his YouTube videos to be a part of his legacy. If I may, I'd like to kindly offer a few suggestions to help improve the quality of his videos:

1) It's not always necessary to have the presenter's face on the screen. This is especially true and helpful when trying to display a slide or graphic. I took a screen shot, which I've attached below, of the video where Dr. Brewer and John are discussing how to reverse CAC and I found it virtually impossible to actually see the graphic. Maximize the slide and make it the only thing on the screen so viewers can see it. Also, I've seen this in a couple of videos, but minimize the task bar. I'm not sure whose computer is doing the recording, but that's one busy task bar!
    2) Just as a general principle, but make sure the description of the video aptly describes its content. Likewise, give viewers enough of a teaser/overview at the beginning of the video so they can decide if this video really addresses what they are interested in watching. A 10-15 minute long video is a really long video by today's standards and as a consumer there's nothing more frustrating than watching a 15 minute video and not getting the information or answers you thought you were. Make crystal clear what is going to be discussed and then let the viewer decide if this is the video they need or if they should go find another one.
    3) Please consider making some kind of topical index on your site that viewers can browse by topic accompanied with a link to the actual video. I read somewhere that Dr. Brewer now has over 400 videos on YouTube. That's too many to try to randomly search for on YouTube, plus people aren't even going to be aware of what topics he might have covered.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

James,
    Excellent suggestions. Dr. Brewer and staff you are amazing and keep up the great work.
    There truly is a special place in heaven for you all in 50 + years of course! :-)))

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
      I know Dr. Brewer has said that he wants his YouTube videos to be a part of his legacy. If I may, I'd like to kindly offer a few suggestions to help improve the quality of his videos:

1) It's not always necessary to have the presenter's face on the screen. This is especially true and helpful when trying to display a slide or graphic. I took a screen shot, which I've attached below, of the video where Dr. Brewer and John are discussing how to reverse CAC and I found it virtually impossible to actually see the graphic. Maximize the slide and make it the only thing on the screen so viewers can see it. Also, I've seen this in a couple of videos, but minimize the task bar. I'm not sure whose computer is doing the recording, but that's one busy task bar!
      2) Just as a general principle, but make sure the description of the video aptly describes its content. Likewise, give viewers enough of a teaser/overview at the beginning of the video so they can decide if this video really addresses what they are interested in watching. A 10-15 minute long video is a really long video by today's standards and as a consumer there's nothing more frustrating than watching a 15 minute video and not getting the information or answers you thought you were. Make crystal clear what is going to be discussed and then let the viewer decide if this is the video they need or if they should go find another one.
      3) Please consider making some kind of topical index on your site that viewers can browse by topic accompanied with a link to the actual video. I read somewhere that Dr. Brewer now has over 400 videos on YouTube. That's too many to try to randomly search for on YouTube, plus people aren't even going to be aware of what topics he might have covered.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
      EXCELLENT suggestions, esp about the index. Is there one??

Comment

I couldn't find an index, so I created one. There are 201 videos on YouTube. I have the list in spreadsheet format and have indexed the titles. Information includes
        Column 1 - Reference number in alphabetical order
        Column 2 - Title as posted on YouTube
        Column 3 - Views
        Column 3 - Number of months since uploaded to YouTube
        Column 4 - A high level index/categorization

Several videos appear to be posted twice. They're identified in red.

I have attached some screenshots to give you an idea: Sorts by tile, Views and Category (index).

The spreadsheet allows searching within the titles and of course, sorting by column. Happy to share it by e-mail or post it if anyone can tell me how to attach XLS or PDF files.

Upon reflection, I thought this topic deserved its own thread. Please go there to post any comments about listing or indexing Dr Brewer's videos
        https://759241a66b89-003789.vbulleti...youtube-videos
        Last edited by Quanticus; 06-01-2019, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X