Fatty Liver = saturated fats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatty Liver = saturated fats

According to this study - i am eating the wrong things. I don’t eat meat but I do use olive, avocado and macadamia nut oils and now I’m confused again!!!
    https://youtu.be/JM7SAA_Vj60. Yet another twist.

Yep, more confusion. I did just the opposite of what Dr. Kahn is preaching in his videos and my coronary calcium score regressed by 59% in 16 months along with dropping my BMI and lowering inflammation. A video on that will be published this Saturday on Dr. Brewer’s YouTube channel. He is a professed vegan, so he is biased, even though he says he isn’t. I eat a LOT of fat like avocados, nuts, EVOO, along with eggs, cheese, butter, meat,nets. Fats are not the enemy, carbs are. I followed the Ornish plan which is similar to Kahn’s and I gained a lot of weight from the high-carb/low-fat dogma.

Comment

Yes I switched too John...and I sense his bias...but when he shows the studies that seem legit...and the results of those studies support what he says in his videos. I'm wondering if the studies themselves are biased?

Comment

Here is the full study Dr. Kahn briefly waived in front of his camera. http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/41/8/1732. The subjects were overfed by 1,000 calories per day for 3 weeks. The macronutrient profile and saturated fat intake changed for each of the 3 groups. The groups became more sedentary as they at more calories and their livers became fatty, gained more weight and became more insulin resistant. The authors point to high intake of saturated fats (palmitic acid) as being the cause for all of this. That is not the same as saying saturated fats from animal sources are the smoking gun. It is naturally present I butter, cheese, milk, and meat, as well as cocoa butter, soybean oil and sunflower oil. My question for Dr. Kahn would be where is the science that shows people on low-carb and ketogenic diets have higher fatty liver disease. There is no data that supports his argument that I can find. Do you have any? High blood triglyceride levels associated with high carbohydrate and fructose consumption have always been known causes for NAFLD.

Comment

Good points John, as usual, there are these legit doctors out there that really don’t help educate us. Dr. Brewer is the only one I trust because he at least says he has no answers if he doesn’t have them!!

Comment

Working...
          X