mitoQ study by Colorado U at Boulder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitoQ study by Colorado U at Boulder

A study of the effects of a "novel" antioxidant published in The American Heart Association "Hypertension", this study posits that "pharmaceutical- grade nutritional supplements could play an important role in preventing heart disease...."

Thanks. It appears MitoQ is trying to improve the low rate of absorption of ubiquinone and ubiquinol.

The manufacturer also say MitoQ's antioxidant effect restore spatial memory and prevents Alzheimer's-like eurodegeneration stopping formation of beta-amyloid plaque in mice. It has not been demonstrated in people. They say MitoQ is produced by covalently binding the antioxidant, ubiquinone (CoQq10) and triphenylphosphonium (TPP+) cation. MitoQ is said to rapidly crosses the blood– brain barrier and neuronal membranes and concentrates several hundred-fold in mitochondria driven by the high membrane potential across the inner mitochondrial membrane.

They go onto suggest MitoQ restores blood glucose metabolism, improves cardiovascular health, improves immune function, restores kidney function. musculoskeletal issues, treats cancer and will create wrinkle-free smooth skin. Too good to be true?

Comment

The manufacturer's claims are, in my opinion, "too good to be true" in the gross description of benefits.
      I am interested to know if Dr. Brewer has evaluated the study, and his opinion of the results.

Comment

Checking further, the study was featured in the American Heart Association journal "Hypertension" and has several citations in pubmed.The article in the journal is titled "Chronic Supplementation With a Mitochondrial Antioxidant (MitoQ) Improves Vascular Function in Healthy Older Adults".
        Originally published April 16, 2018
        I would like to see the study evaluated.
        Last edited by WC Hall; 05-01-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

The manufacturer is stretching. It hasn't proven much - if anything. The study's small. The end points are nots strong. It doesn't mean that it's bad for you. It doesn't even mean that it doesn't work. But the research they're quoting doesn't say much of anything. I've put it on my list for review. But it's likely to be a few weeks.

Comment

Thank you, I'll be interested in your evaluation.

Comment

I did a video today on PQQ. I was impressed with the results. It was a study published in Nature Magazine in June of this year. Ask John when he's publishing the video.

Comment

Working...
              X