High Estradiol (Estrogen) and High Testosterone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Estradiol (Estrogen) and High Testosterone

The first set of lab results have come back and before I share them all, two that stand out are high Estradiol (Estrogen) and High Testosterone.
    Estradiol 74 pg/ml 20-47
    Testosterone 9.44 ng/ml 1.75-7.81

Some quick research yields these suggestions:

0) Do nothing (Should always be considered. Do no harm)
    1) Increasing fiber, exercising, and reducing weight (already in process with OMAD)
    2) Eat cruciferous vegetable. (Sure, I'll increase broccoli and cauliflower consumption)
    3) Supplement with indole-3-carbinol (I3C), Calcium D-Glucarate and/or 3,3′-diindolylmethane (DIM) (Any thoughts/experience with these?)
    4) Get enough vitamin B12, folate, betaine, and choline (Started Dr Fuhrman Men's Daily +D3 1 month ago for B12. The others not now)
    5) Prescription meds like anastrozole. (I'll start with the above first)

Thoughts?

I think your testosterone is fine, but I'll leave that to others that know more than I do.

Your estradiol, according to my doc, should be in mid 20's. If I remember correctly I think she said below 28.

Mine came down with losing weight and eating more vegetables.

Comment

Don't you get medical feedback on the results from a local source there? I understand the language issue, but I would try to get some feedback and then see how that compares with whatever you can find for information on the Internet. As far as the testosterone goes, it would appear that the test you took was total testosterone. That is helpful in a way, but if you have a problem the free or bioavailable testosterone is a better marker. A lot of testosterone gets bound up to Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) as we age, and it is the free/bioavailable testosterone which becomes more critical. Some people get SHBG level tested along with the free/bioavailable testosterone.

Comment

• sthubbar
        sthubbar commented
        Editing a comment
        Tom, are you suggesting I actually ask a doctor?! Isn't it better to trust random strangers on the internet? Thanks for the information about SHBG.
        Last edited by sthubbar; 05-14-2019, 12:51 AM.

Originally posted by sthubbar View Post
      The first set of lab results have come back and before I share them all, two that stand out are high Estradiol (Estrogen) and High Testosterone.
      Estradiol 74 pg/ml 20-47
      Testosterone 9.44 ng/ml 1.75-7.81

Thoughts?
      How do you feel? With testosterone and estradiol, the most important thing is how you feel. If you are having no symptoms then you should do nothing. Sex hormones are notoriously tricky to get right. It is always a bad idea to change up your sex hormone levels just because you are outside of the "standard lab values". If you do not feel well then yes by all means look into the out of range values. If you feel well, then don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

Are you taking exogenous testosterone?

Comment

• sthubbar
        sthubbar commented
        Editing a comment
        David,

I agree with about being cautious and that is why option 0 is 'Do nothing. '

I would caution the idea that if there are no symptoms than there is no concern. If Dr. Brewer has taught us anything it would be that there are many people with no symptoms, and they may even be trim and athletic and are at a high risk.

I add this article as another possibility. I haven't done any research to see if newer studies support or contradict, but it might be a good place to start from.

Estradiol and Arterial Plaque (based on a 20006 study)

1. The only hormone that predicted an increase in arterial plaque was estradiol (both total and free).
      https://www.peaktestosterone.com/Est...al_Plaque.aspx

Comment

• sthubbar
        sthubbar commented
        Editing a comment
        rich, Wow! Thank you. CIMT is scheduled in 10 days so we should know better once those result are in.
    Working...
    X