Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sthubbar
    commented on 's reply
    Quanticus, I think I know that video. My first response is that this is a single anecdote versus mountains of evidence to the contrary. My second response is it is not clear that this person was truly following a no oil, starch based whole food diet. It is easy to follow a highly processed, high fructose, oily vegan diet which is definitely CVD promoting.

• Ford Brewer
    replied
    When is that coming out, Gerry?

Leave a comment:

• Quanticus
    replied
    st?
    I admire your discipline!!
    You should look for a convincing story told by one of Dr Brewer's patients who strictly adhered to Dr Esselstyn's protocol and switched to a LC/HF diet after suffering two "events." It should be published on the Prevmed Youtube channel soon. I've been listening to both sides and have opted for a modified LC/HF diet.

Leave a comment:

• sthubbar
    commented on 's reply
    James, the primary driver of my sustained weight loss is OMAD (One Meal A Day). When I am able to restrict my calorie consumption to a 1 hour window, it is difficult to exceed 3,000 calories, plus BG remains mostly low for 21 hours a day.

As for trying to be healthy and have a long health span. the Blue Zone research, along with the proven dietary CVD reversal of Dr Esselstyn and the evidence that every large population of humans with long health spans has gotten the bulk of their calories from starch are most convincing. So I scratch my head at highly educated health advocates promoting High Fat Low Carb since the evidence seems to clearly show High Carb Low Fat is the most reliable diet to promote a long health span.

• James
    replied
    sthubbar --Congrats on the weight loss! Are you following any particular diet such as High Fat Low Carb?

Leave a comment:

• Ford Brewer
    replied
    Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• sthubbar
    commented on 's reply
    laketahoebob, yes, the +10 year age is a clear indicator. A statin is an option. I'd like to first try lifestyle and neutracutical options.

• laketahoebob
    commented on 's reply
    Dr. Brewer- His C-IMT shows substantial plaque for his age.

• laketahoebob
    commented on 's reply
    I already corrected the Inflammation panel reference to Cleveland Heart Lab in a private message. Thanks, Tom.

• sthubbar
    commented on 's reply
    I have lost another 5 lbs and pretty stable at about 143 lbs. Can still lose another 8 lbs to get a six pack.

• sthubbar
    replied
    laketahoebob , Tom , Ford Brewer; thank you each for the follow-up. I have added 1mg Niacin, 250mg Metformin, plus soon to add Berberine and Pine Bark.

I am using InsideTracker.com as the goal biomarkers.

The plan was to do a comprehensive checkup at the end of this month. Because of the Novel Coronavirus I will most likely stay clear of medical facilities and personnel until June at the earliest.

Leave a comment:

• Ford Brewer
    replied
    Good point about the LDL. I usually don't focus too much on it. But high LDL values and low dose statins ( such as 5 or less Crestor, or 2 mg Livalo) probably have a worthwhile risk/benefit ratio. To clarify, though, I still don't usually recommend a statin unless there is plaque. That can be seen with a positive calcium score, positive IMT, calcification of an artery on a dental Xray, etc. Your Tg/HDL ratio from the list above appeared to be just over 1. That's huge, and probably due to the 40-pound weight loss. The weight loss was the biggest thing you could do; it usually is. Have you lost further weight?

Leave a comment:

• Ford Brewer
    replied
    CardioRisk does CIMT. The CV inflammation panel comes from Quest/CHL.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    commented on 's reply
    CardioRisk has an inflammation panel? I thought that company mainly focuses on CIMT and that sort of thing. sthubbar is living in China, and he got a lot of testing done there. Obviously the current coronavirus going around there will be of concern.

• laketahoebob
    replied
    I know the disagreement surrounding statins, but your LDL-C may be a contributor to your plaque. The jury is still out, but some individuals may be affected by LDL-C levels. I would recommend trying a low dose of rosuvastatin per Dr. Brewer. It could help with inflammation as well. Have you had the CardioRisk inflammation panel done? hs-CRP is just one data point. If not, that would be another suggestion. Overall, your data looks good, except for the C-IMT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X