No announcement yet.

1st Post-Best Protocol for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a graph of my progress over the years. Keep in mind the last couple of years have been low carb for the most part and I just started adding the meds in the last few months.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Tom, appreciate your comments and suggestions. Strangely enough I do have a restricted eating window and typically only eat once or twice a day. My last meal is generally around 6pm and I'm in bed by 8:30-9 pm most nights. Seems so radical to have to do multi day fasting to lose weight these days but I can and have done it before, I just want to know when is enough enough. I've been fairly stressed and sedentary over the last year so perhaps that's part of the problem. I will have to start exercising more vigorously and see how that impacts the weight loss.

My GP doesn't want to get involved with Lipids so that's why no LDL-C, he is deferring me to the Lipidologist in the same provider network and I will see him Thursday. Perhaps we can get some additional tests after the meeting.

At least the good thing is my weight isn't increasing. Eating low carb does gives me very a controllable appetite to chose to eat or not to eat a meal most of the time without feeling starved. Hoping the Metformin may have a positive impact and will also discuss with the Lipidologist who is also an Endo about maybe adding some T3 to my meds to boost my metabolism a little.

I didn't find the 23andme results to offer much clarity other than it indicated I was more likely to be susceptible to diabetes and maculer degeneration. Oh and I found out through 23andme I have a half sister in California and we were both born 3 weeks apart by different mothers(we are both adopted)! That was an interesting conversation!

Comment

• Tom
        Tom commented
        Editing a comment
        Your LDL-C (calculated value) was listed in the table as LDL. Its unfortunate that people use terminology so loosely as LDL might also mean LDL particle number. If you have hypothyroidism, then that could account for some of what you see in your test results and not being able to lose weight. You should ask your lipidologist for an Lp(a) test to see if that is a driving factor in your cardiovascular disease pathway. I would think that a lipidologist would be much more aware of Lp(a) than a GP. You should also ask for at least a couple of inflammation panel tests (LP-PLA2 aka PLAC2 and MACR). The MACR is a urine test by the way that measures the amount of albumin that your kidneys leak into your urine. See this video by Dr. Brewer on inflammation panel tests.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2wR8FwcC8

sthubbar I have not tried Inside Tracker. Did you find it useful? If you've done this would you mind sending me the report they provided you so I can evaluate?

Comment

Some new blood test results rolled in this morning that I didn't know were pending. I've not had these before so if those experienced could help me I would be grateful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_548.png
Views:	29
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	3204Click image for larger version

Name:	image_549.png
Views:	27
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	3205
      Last edited by Bruce T; 01-12-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Tom
        Tom commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, looks like your lipidologist did follow through on a couple of important tests. Your Lp(a) result shows that it is not a problem for you, and you shouldn't need to ever get it tested again. That means that your need for a stent likely was a result of FH (familial hypercholesterolemia). The other result for apoB shows the overall number of LDL family of lipid particles with the apoB-100 protein (VLDL, LDL and any IDL that might be present). The apoB number has been shown to be a more precise marker of cardiovascular risk than LDL-C or even non-HDL-C. Your apoB at 118 mg/dL is higher than preferred. For most people an apoB <100 mg/dL is considered ok. For you with your history of cardiovascular disease I suspect that <80 mg/dL would be preferred. Your lipidologist will likely want to do something to bring it down. If you don't like to give yourself injections, which I think is the case many times for Repatha, then ask for Zetia. Ask your lipidologist for inflammation tests I mentioned before (LP-PLA2/PLAC2 and MACR). Those will tell you whether you have cardiovascular inflammation sufficient to worry a lot about your apoB/LDL levels.
        Last edited by Tom; 01-12-2020, 07:31 AM.

• rich
        rich commented
        Editing a comment
        It might be worth looking at homocysteine level. That's the one I can't seem to lower. Folate and B12 are supposed to help, but possibly lowering with supplements doesn't help reduce risk.
    Working...
    X