Announcement

Collapse

Are you really healthy?

We have an upcoming conference on November 8-9, 2019 in Louisville KY. You can register either as a Conference and CIMT participant or Conference and Assessment participant depending on whether you need a re-evaluation. For more information and/or to register online: https://go.prevmedheartrisk.com/squeeze-page

PrevMed is also offering courses online. Our first course is on Cardiovascular Inflammation and we have an upcoming course on Insulin Resistance. The course(s) can be found here: https://prevmedheartrisk.com/courses...e-crd-nfl-crs1

We have also changed some of our services and price offerings which can be found on our website here: https://prevmedheartrisk.com/services-and-pricing
See more
See less

How to Find CIMP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Find CIMP?

I called the imaging center in my city and they didn't know what a carotid int was, much less offer it. I called the main hospital imaging center in a much larger city about an hour away and same thing. Google has not been my friend in finding anyplace within 100 miles that offers it.

Pardon the delayed response. Yes, also be careful on going to a local group. CIMT (T for Thickness or Test) - is susceptible to U/S tech interrogation problems. I use CardioRisk because of this issue. VasoLabs is also used a lot in the CV Inflammation community. Local groups assume ( & say) they know how to do it since it's an U/S (ultrasound) technology. The missed plaques on these can be scary. Michelle at [email protected] can give you more details re: contact information if you're planning to be a PrevMed patient.

Comment

I found a ultrasound center that does the CIMT. Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center offers CIMT. It is more expensive than most of the other sites I found, but Wake Forest is a first rate medical center (and is only about 90 minutes away).

Comment

Rich, how much do they charge for the test?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Rich, how much do they charge for the test?
          Wake Forest says $275 on the brochure, but they haven't returned my call yet.

Site in VA Beach is $250, site in Columbia SC is only $140.

Maybe we should develop a list of all the sites we find for CIMT.

Comment

I watched the original full-length vid with Todd Eldredge on CIMT issues (and again, a couple of the repackaged segments). My take away is quality control matters, matter particularly with CIMT.

I'm certain I can get one of these done in my area, but if I'm going to spend the time and resources to get one, I'd really like to make it count. Is there some sort of certification to look for or, do you know of a clearing list of providers of CIMT services that I could consult ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gee11 View Post
              I watched the original full-length vid with Todd Eldredge on CIMT issues (and again, a couple of the repackaged segments). My take away is quality control matters, matter particularly with CIMT.

I'm certain I can get one of these done in my area, but if I'm going to spend the time and resources to get one, I'd really like to make it count. Is there some sort of certification to look for or, do you know of a clearing list of providers of CIMT services that I could consult ?
              What I did was contact Dr Brewer's office and they said to contact Todd Eldredge Co. I did and they gave me the phone number and contact where their tech would be performing a CIMT. I called and I will be their 1st non-patient to get a CIMT there. It is scheduled for late April.

Comment

Originally posted by rich View Post

Wake Forest says $275 on the brochure, but they haven't returned my call yet.

Site in VA Beach is $250, site in Columbia SC is only $140.

Maybe we should develop a list of all the sites we find for CIMT.
                Oops. I am just now seeing this. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                X