Research on Effectiveness of Low Dose Aspirin For Weight Above 70 kg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research on Effectiveness of Low Dose Aspirin For Weight Above 70 kg

I came across this article in The Lancet dated July 12, 2018 (link below). The article reported “ Low doses of aspirin (75–100 mg) were only effective in preventing vascular events in patients weighing less than 70 kg, and had no benefit in the 80% of men and nearly 50% of all women weighing 70 kg or more. By contrast, higher doses of aspirin were only effective in patients weighing 70 kg or more. Given that aspirin's effects on other outcomes, including cancer, also showed interactions with body size, a one-dose-fits-all approach to aspirin is unlikely to be optimal, and a more tailored strategy is required.”
    I have been contemplating beginning a regimen of low dose aspirin to combat arterial inflammation that has resulted in a calcium score of 725. But now I’m not so sure. Has anyone seen additional research or have I misinterpreted something? Is there any research on an appropriate dose for those who weigh more than 70 kg? I weigh 175 lbs or just over 79 kg. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...133-4/fulltext
Working...
X